Background





Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spinach -Ravioli Lasagna

This was the number one hit at our Supper Club this past weekend. The bowl was just about licked clean and everyone wanted the recipe. As usual, it is a Southern Living Recipe, my favorite place to find new, wonderful recipes. I did make some adjustments and they are reflected in the recipe below. I used more pesto than called for and more sauce.

Spinach -Ravioli Lasagna

1 6 oz. pkg. fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
2/3 c refrigerated pesto sauce ( I used my homemade pesto from this summer's basil bounty)
1 1/2 jars (15 oz) Alfredo Sauce (used Classico brand, but I am going to make my own sauce next time.)
1/4 c chicken broth
32 oz. frozen cheese ravioli - do not thaw (I used the Costco brand - this is the BEST frozen ravioli available IMHO)
8 oz. shredded Italian six-cheese blen
Garnishes - chopped fresh basil, paprika

Preheat oven to 375*. Chop spinach nad toss with pesto in a bowl (I used my pizza cutter and it worked great)

Combine Alfredo sauce and broth. Spoon 1/3 of sauce mixture into the lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with a single layer of ravioli. Top with spinach mixture. Arrange another single layer of ravioli on top of spinach mixture. Top with remaining Alfredo sauce.

Bake at 375* fro 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 5 minutes until hot and bubbly. Garnish if desired.

Linked to Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!