Background





Friday, January 27, 2012

Cajun Spiced Nuts


I posted about these delicious cajun spiced nuts on another blog and received some requests to post the recipe.  I can't believe I haven't posted this yet!  These nuts get rave reviews everytime I serve them.  They are perfect by themselves as a snack, but pair them with some romaine lettuce, pepper jack cheese and a light vinaigrette and your guest will beg to take some home. 

Cajun Spiced Nuts

1 pound pecan halves
1/4 c melted butter
1 T chili powder
1 t salt
1 t dried basil
1 t dried oregano
1 t thyme
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t ground cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.  Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.  Turn to LOW and continue to cook, UNCOVERED, stirring occasionally for 2 hours.  Transfer nuts to a baking sheet and cool completely. 

These keep well for about a month, if they last that long.

*** I have had this recipe for years, but do not know where it orginated, so can't give credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!