Background





Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nachos - 2 Ways

The buzz at Good Cheap Eats is all about meals you can cook when there's "nothing to eat".  The challenge is to come up with a list of 12 meals/recipes you can pull together with basic items in your pantry/fridge.  I'm still working on my list, but this "recipe" for nachos is at the top. 

Nachos are a great quick lunch or dinner item.  I usually have all the fixins on hand and even my kids can pull these together when they are hungry.   I usually make these when I've got an opened bag of tortilla chips to be used before going stale.


Chicken Nachos
Nachos
cooked ground beef or shredded chicken (cooked with taco seasoning is best)
refried beans, black beans, kidney beans, or corn
shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack)
tortilla chips
lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos
sour cream, salsa or guacamole

Layer chips, beans, beef/chicken and cheese in a 13/x 9 oven safe pan.  Bake at 350 until cheese melted and chip tips are extra crispy  -- about 10 minutes.
Serve nachos on plates and top with veggies and toppings of your choice.



Beef Nachos - Naked (how my kids eat them)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!