What a week! I start back to school tomorrow (the kids go next Monday) and I have been trying to finish up alot of projects and getting together with friends before life gets crazy again (football and cheerleading start this week too!)
Here's what I managed to accomplish this week:
- Hosted a going away party for my nanny. I miss her soooooo much!
- 2 colored pencil rolls for birthday gifts. I followed this tutorial from Skip to My Lou. I just made it taller to accommodate the length of the pencils.
- I completed hemming 12 napkins for my kitchen
- Knitted 2 dishclothes and almost finished a new wrap.
- Covered the stool from my classroom with new fabric.
- Fought (and for the moment winning) a battle against squash borer worms in my yellow squash and zucchini and cucumber worms in my cucumbers.
- Moved the entire contents of my classroom from one hall to another, in 100 degree heat, without any air conditioning. I even put up my bulletin boards!
- Went to Bunco, Supper Club, dinner with a great friend and hosting Book Club at my house this afternoon
- Back to school shopping for me and Boo Boo, luckily Bubba doesn't need anything to start school except a new backpack and I have that ordered.
- Laundry, grocery shopping, organizing.....
- Make homemade pesto for the freezer (my basil will go to seed next week if I don't get it done today) and Salsa with my abundance of jalapenos.
- Host Book Club - making Stuffed Banana Peppers, Pesto Bruschetta and Lemon Squares
- Sweep and wipe down the back porch for Book Club
- Finish laundry
- Finalize Meal Plan for the week so we don't resort to easy takeout!
- Give both dogs their "back to school" bath
- Pack up my school stuff and load the car for tomorrow.