Background





Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Dinner Party and A Pantry Challenge



Only a crazy person would host a dinner party at the end of a month long pantry challenge.   Well, I guess I must be crazy.  I hosted a dinner party on Friday night for 6 adults and 2 children and I only purchased one single item.  I purchased a jar of marshmallow creme for marshmallow frosting for the cupcakes.  I could have used a vanilla buttercream, but REALLY wanted to try the marshmallow frosting.  While it wasn't a gourmet dinner, it was a wonderful meal. 

On the Menu -

Italian Chicken Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
Iced Sweet Tea

I also spent a great deal of time on Friday cleaning out the pantry and several cabinets.  We had 15, yes that's right 15 boxes of crackers in our pantry, mostly left from holiday parties.  Some had just one or two sleeeves of crackers in them, so I did some consolidating and got that number down to 10 boxes.  Ridiculous!   I'll be making lots of dips and cheeseballs in the next few weeks to get rid of some of these before they go stale.

Linking to Good Cheap Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!