Background





Friday, April 8, 2011

Counterfeit Kit - April

If you haven't discovered the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, they you must head over there and check it out.  This month's inspiration kit is a good one.  The concept has really jumpstarted my scrapping again. 

This has been a VERY busy Spring Break week for us, so it took me a bit longer than usual to put my kit together, but I finally did it and I really like how it turned out.  I am not so into birds, so instead I focused on butterflies.  My inspiration paper was the MOD floral with birds and butterflies I found so much in my stash to coordinate with it.  I made most of my butterfly embellishments with my Cricut.  I had a great time playing around with all the options.  I can't wait to play around with this fun kit!

My Paper Choices
Lots of Bazzil and DCWV Cardstock.  Patterned Papers are a mix of MOD, American Craft, Making Memories, Heidi Grace, Fontwerks, KI Memories, Daisy D's, and Pressed Petals

Embellishments
Burlap, 3 fabric swatches, 6 ribbons/trims, buttons, 1 large MM chipboard alphabet, 15 butterflies, silk flowers, one bird, 2 chipboard tags, letter stamp set, silk and Prima flowers, 2 die cut leaves on vine, Mod puffy stickers set, black rub ons and 4 printed chipboard circles

Hop on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for some more great inspiration kits.

12 comments:

  1. Loving all of those embellishments - especially the dinky white bird in the middle. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those butterflies and those oversized butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kit! The butterflies are great and how fun are those large chipboard letters!! I need to get some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great kit and your embellishments look yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun kit! Love your embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty kit and fabulous embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like your kit. I have some of those same black papers - might have to sneak them into my kit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's butterfly-tastic! I love the touches of black too, they'll make the rest of this lovely kit pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the butterfly embellishment and the bright colors! Great paper choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your embellishment..I have to have lots in my kit. Hope to see some layout you make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the bright colors...I'm excited to see what you create with this month's Counterfeit Kit! Thanks for joining us!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!