Background





Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Favorites

I have bee home all week with a very sick child, so I have spent a good deal of time cruising the holiday ideas everyone has been posting this week.  Here are a few I plan on trying out.

This Spaghetti Ham Bake from Taste of Home via I'm An Organized Junkie is on the menu for tonight to use up some ham left over from the Delicious Ham and Potato Soup I made last week. 


We made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby earlier in the week to get the supplies to make these Felt Ornaments from Bugs and Fishes.  We have completed 6 already.  Be on the lookout for pictures soon.


We had a bumper sweet potato crop this year and I need some new ways to cook them so my family won't mutiny on me.  I'm pretty sure these Honey Nut Crunch Sweet Potatoes with Cranberries from All Home Cooking. All Year Long. will be a  hit. 


My kids will be making a few of thee Button Wreath Ornaments from Lets Go Fly A Kite for our handmade tree. 

I have already started on this adorable poncho from Lion Brand Yarn for my daughter for Christmas.  Had some great purple varigated homespun yarn in my stash already, just need to pick up some fun fur for the trim.  I might even make one for myself. 

Posted at It's a Blog Party's Share Your Favorites
Living to Tell the Story's Friday's Fave Five

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE sweet potatoes! Sorry that you've been dealing with sickness but hopefully everyone is on the mend!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potatoes. Fries, muffins, bread, pancakes, candied, twice baked... many of them can be frozen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm....I love visiting here!

    Have a happy holiday week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so going to make those cute button wreaths with the dayhome kids. Thanks for linking that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to take advantage of some downtime! Sounds like you got a little head start on the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. handspun yarn? Did you spin it? (I'm a spinner!) Although I'm sorry your girl was sick, I'm sure it was wonderful to be home every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the shout out! I can't wait to see your ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!