Background





Saturday, February 19, 2011

Menu Board

A long time ago, I saw a great idea to turn an old picture frame into a menu board.  (Wish I knew where I originally found it to give credit)  I LOVED it and set out to make one.  Well, turns out my friends and family loved the idea too.  Once they saw it in my kitchen, they just had to have one. 

There are several things I like about this menu board:
1.  It does not use chalk (just not a fan - too many years of being covered in it from teaching - before whiteboards)
2.  It is soooooo easy to customize.
3.  It is cheap.
4.  We actually USE it!

I made this one for our kitchen -


This one was a gift for my sister's birthday.


And I made this one for a friend for her birthday.

Supplies -
1 11 x 13 hanging wall frame
burlap
stickers, Cricut or Silhouette for letters
3 or 4 coordinating fabric (scraps are great)
3 brads
ribbon
spray glue
hot glue and gun
dry erase marker in matching color

1.  Spray glue on the picture frame backing.  Adhere piece of burlap,  cut to fit.
2.  Cut 9 - 12 circles in various sizes in 3 - 4 different fabrics.
3.  Using circles and brads, make 3 flowers
4.  Adhere flowers in bottom corner of frame using hot glue (make sure all flowers can be seen even when frame is on)
5.  Hot glue ribbon across top of frame.
6.  Adhere MENU letters in desired location.
7.  Adhere letters for days of the week.
8.  Reassemble frame.
9.  Display and use dry erase marker to make your menus.


Linking up to
Tatertots and Jello

7 comments:

  1. this is so great! I love planning.


    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am huge on meal planning. I have a section on my blog devoted to it and even did a series on how to meal plan. Displaying your menu is part of what motivates you to make your meal plan happen each week!

    Love this affordable and super cute idea! I am sharing it with my Facebook readers!

    www.crystalandcomp.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! We are menu planning fanatics, and we use a little whiteboard that is no where near as cute as this! Nicely done!

    Ally @ Tinywalletstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! So cute! Will have to try that out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo cute! I think I'm going to make one for my kitchen. Thanks for the idea. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this idea! I love that it would be so quick to change up, or that you don't have to keep up with little peices that have recipes names on them. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very neat looking. I like it! Can I come over for pesto?

    I'm in the process of making one myself and I like how you laid yours out.

    Found you at Delightful Order!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!