This is another kitchen project using the fabrics I bought at Hobby Lobby inspired by my Lemon Grass Fiestaware. I also created a Menu Board and Burlap Wreath with these same fabrics.
Inspired by all the burlap crafts I have see lately, I designed and stitched up this table runner and matching napkins for my kitchen table. I got a new sewing machine for Christmas which made putting this together a breeze.
For the table runner
1. I cut the burlap the length I wanted (if I were to do it again, I would hem the ends for a more finished edge.)
2. Cut, press and hem the floral fabric to the dimensions of the burlap. My kitchen table is really wide, so I made my table runner wider than average width. Keep in mind the width of your table for this step.
3. Sew floral pieces to burlap piece. Press down seams.
4. I then stitched matching orange grosgrain ribbon over the seams where the burlap and fabric met, giving a much more finished appearance.
5. Press and put on your table!
For the napkins -
1. Cut fabric in 17" squares.
2. Press a 1/4" double hem.
3. Sew hem, press and use.
Here is another view of the finished project -
Skip to My Lou
It's A Blog Party
Fireflies and Jelly Beans
Well Made Wednesday