Background





Friday, July 1, 2011

Back Porch Update Plans

I think I've said it before, but it bears repeating again, I LOVE my back porch.  It is my favorite "room" in my house.  Five years ago we covered our 14 x 36 concrete slab porch and created a space we use from March until December. 

 

 
 As much as we love it, the porch is in need of a little update.  Here's what's in store for the porch over the next couple of weeks -

 
  • New Porch Cushions (already got these on sale!)
  • Spray Paint and Decorate Baker's Rack I inherited from a moving neighbor
  • Paint concrete floor (not sure this will happen this summer, but hoping....)
  • Make and hang drop cloth curtains on one section (stealing this idea)
  • Make new pillows to match new cushions (using this fabric)
  • Stain and seal bar stools and porch swing
  • Remove punching bag and extra wood from another project
  • Clean out bar area
  • Re-do 2 flower beds surrounding east side of porch (one will be an herb garden/cutting flower area)
 
If I work really hard, I might have most of it done by the July 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!