Background





Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Granola

This is my first attempt at making granola at home and it most certainly won't be the last.  This is absolutely delicious!  I can't stop eating it.  My favorite way - over vanilla yogurt for breakfast.  Try it, you won't be sorry.


Peanut Butter Granola
from Southern Living Annual Recipes 2009













3 cups uncooked oats
1/2 c dry-roasted peanuts (I used chopped pecans)
1/2 c sweetened flaked coconut
3 T sesame seeds

Combine above ingredients in a large bowl.












1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c butter
1 T light corn syrup
1/4 t salt

Cook above ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes or until smooth. 













Stir peanut butter mixture into oat mixture until blended. 

Spread mixture in a single layer on a lightly greased, aluminum foil-lined jelly roll pan with sides.  Bake 10 minutes, stir, bake 10 more minutes and stir again.  (I baked an addition 10 minutes as mine was still a little "wet").  Transfer to wax paper, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). 













Enjoy over vanilla yogurt.  Add sliced bananas for a even yummier breakfast or snack. 

Linked to What's On Your Plate
Ingredient Spotlight
Strut Your Stuff Party
Weekly Bloggy Reading
Feature Yourself Friday
Sister Sister Sunday

10 comments:

  1. Love that you added peanuts, sounds great! Granola is one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made granola in years, but that sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm this sounds so good and the perfect breakfast before a morning workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic! I'm visiting from Good Cheap Eats. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I usually just make cinnamon because I don't have another recipe. Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that sounds heavenly!!! Peanut + Granola = Delicious. ;) Bookmarking this recipe for sure. Thank you so much for linking up to my party. I hope you'll come back for a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! A sprinkle of this on yogurt would be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! This sounds delish and I do believe I have all the ingredient on land (a huge + in my world). Thanks for sharing. I found you via Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Reading Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your granola!!! I make granola every week. I was just thinking the other day that I wondered how peanut butter granola would taste. Thanks for the tips!!!

    Visiting from Amanda'a party...

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a great recipes, I will have to give it a try soon. Thanks for linking up to Sister Sister!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!