Background





Sunday, September 11, 2011

Meal Plan Monday - September 12

I'm finally getting the hang of our fall schedule, except this week we throw Brownies into the mix!  Wednesday is by far our busiest and latest night, so I have come up with 12 Crockpot "ready to eat when we walk in the door" meals to get us through the fall.  I will be doing a special series on these starting next week, so be on the lookout for some super easy and quick menu plans for your busy nights. 

I am also finding inspriration from Rachel Ray's Week in a Day concept.  We are not huge fans for Rachel's recipes, but I love the concept of cooking for the week on one day.  While I don't prepare the whole meal in one day, like she does, I am cooking up more items ahead for our busy days.  For example, this week I am making the Mashed Potato Casserole for Tuesday on Sunday, so all I have to do when we get home is warm it in the microwave. I will also be making this frittata for Bubba to eat for breakfast this week.  I will be planning more make aheads in the next week.

On to this week's menu...

Sunday - Chicken Caprese with Angel Hair Pasta, Salad
Monday - Picnic at the park for me and Boo-Boo, Pizza at home for DH and Bubba
Tuesday - Honey Mustard Kielbasa, Mashed Potato Casserole, Peas, Fruit
Wednesday - Chicken Quesadillas with Peach Salsa, Fruit
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Birthday Party
Saturday - Supper Club (I'm bringing a side dish)

Baking -
Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
Granola

For more great menu ideas, visit I'm An Organized Junkiie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!