Background





Sunday, April 15, 2012

Salsa Chicken

I have seen this recipe all over the internet in various forms, but had never tried it.  I created my own version and served it over rice, but I bet it would make a GREAT burrito filling as well.  Or serve it over chips for creamy, flavorful nachos.  YUM. 


Salsa Chicken Bowl

2 pounds chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup (I'll probaby make my own next time)
4 T taco seasoning
1 c salsa ( fresh is best)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
shredded colby-jack cheese
chopped cilantro
chopped scallions
long grain rice, cooked

Put first 5 ingredients in crockpot and cook on LOW for 5 - 6 hours.  Remove chicken, shred and return to sauce in crockpot.  Stir well.  Add corn and cook one more hour.

Serve over rice, topped with shredded cheese, chopped cilantro and chopped scallions

Tuesday Talent Show
Beauty and Bedlam
Show Me What Ya Got
Your Cozy Home Party
Ingredient Spotlight
It's A Blog Party
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen this recipe Jenny, but it sounds delicious. My brother and I both love Mexican food, so I need to make this sometime when he visits. Thanks for sharing the recipe at my party!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!