Background





Friday, April 20, 2012

Caramel Puff Corn - AKA Crack Corn


This is ADDICTIVE, so addictive, that we call it Crack Corn in our house.  Do not make this when you are home alone, or I promise, you will eat the entire batch by yourself.   You have been warned!

Caramel Puff Corn

2 bags Cheetos Popcorn - butter flavored
1 stick butter
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c lite corn syrup
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda

Put both bags of popcorn in a large aluminum roasting pan.

In a large saucepan melt butter and add all ingredients EXCEPT baking soda.  Cook at medium heat for about 5 minutes, until "bubbly". 

Remove from heat, stir in baking soda (mixure will froth and bubble up a lot).  Stir until creamy and smooth. 

Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir well, coating all pieces.

Bake at 200 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. 

Cool and store in an air tight container. 


Linking up to
Show Me What You Got
Link It Up Wednesday


2 comments:

  1. My family loves caramel popcorn, and usually we buy my dad a container of it for Christmas every year. It would be great to be able to make it at home any time. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe and for visiting my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this caramel popcorn looks really good. I wish I had some right now! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-6.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!