Background





Saturday, August 18, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - August 20


Last week was our first full week of school and I really appreciated having a menu plan and a stocked freezer. 

Our favorites last week were Sweet Corn Risotto and Grilled Dijon Chicken Sandwiches.  I added sauteed shrimp to the risotto and it was a perfect one dish meal.  To top the dijon chicken I added chopped bacon and jalapenos to Ken's ranch dressing.  It was the perfect final touch.  The only glitch last week was I thought I had skirt steak in the freezer and didn't, so we had grilled hamburgers instead.

Sunday - Skirt Steak (Alton Brown recipe), Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus
Monday - Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken Salads
Tuesday -  Grilled Italian Sausage, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans
Wednesday - *Honey Sesame Chicken, Rice, Salad
Thursday - Tacos, Layered Salad
Friday - Subway -- Nanny's treat
Saturday - Leftovers

Treat this week - *Banana Bread Brownies and *Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf

*new to us recipes

For more great menu ideas visit I'm An Organized Junkie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!