Background





Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Waffles

I used to be an Eggo kind of gal.  In my head, making waffles was just too hard, eventhough I had a waffle iron (a wedding gift, circa 1995) hiding in a cabinet somewhere.   As I began to embrace the ideas that home made anything was better and cheaper I hunted down and wiped the dust off that old waffle iron.  I turned to my trusty, never let me down Southern Living Ultimate Cookbook and made my first batch of waffles.  I haven't looked at an Eggo box since.  These are delish and so easy. 
 
 
Ultimate Waffles
adapted from Southern Living Ultimate Cookbook
 
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1 T plus 1 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
1 1/2 T sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 1/2 c milk
3/4 c vegetable oil
2 t vanilla
 
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
 
Combine wet ingredients.  Add to flour mixture, stirring with a wire whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
 
Oil and pre-heat waffle iron.  Cook 1/2 c waffle mixture in waffle iron until golden.  Serve warm.
 
Makes between 16 - 22 waffles depending on the size of your waffle iron.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!