Background





Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Baking Week - Orange Cranberry Biscotti

Welcome to Holiday Baking Week here on Love Being In My Southern Kitchen!  Each day this week, I will be sharing one of the treats I am making for family and friends this holiday season.  Hope you find a new favorite.

This was the first biscotti recipe I ever made and it is still my favorite.  It is so easy to make and has such a delicious taste.  I really like it with my morning coffee.  I gave it as gifts last year to my neighbors and there have been several hints as it gets closer to Christmas this year.  I found the recipe at allrecipes.com.  I made a couple of  changes.  I used orange juice instead of orange liqueur as I like the taste better (and I have to save my Grand Marnier for my cosmos!) and I drizzled melted white chocolate over the cooled biscotti to add one more element of flavor.

Orange Cranberry Biscotti

1/2 c butter
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 T orange zest
2 T orange juice
2 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 c chopped dried cranberries
3/4 c toasted, chopped almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.  Beat in egg.  Stir in orange zest and orange juice.  Sift together flour, bkaing powder, salt and cinnamon, stir into the creamed mixture, then stir in almonds and cranberries.

On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough in half.  Roll each half into a log about 1 1/2 inches wide by 10 inches long.  Set the rolls lengthwise on a baking sheet at least 3 inches apart, and flatten slightly.

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm to the touch and slightly brown on top.

Cool for 10 - 15 minutes, then slice each log crosswise, at a diagonal, into 1/2 inch wide slices.  Lay them cut side down on the baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for 10 more minutes.  Cool completely, then drizzle with melted white chocolate. 
Cool on wire racks, store in an airtight container.


Linking to -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!