Background





Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Baking Week - Cinnamon Rolls

My family loves cinnamon rolls and they especially like ooey, gooey, dripping with icing homemade ones.  I am forever on a quest for the perfect cinnamon rolls.  I finally found the perfect icing, but was still looking for THE roll recipe.  I received the Pioneer Woman Cookbook last fall and decided to try her cinnamon roll recipe.  I was thrilled to discover it makes a HUGE batch, perfect for freezing or gift giving.  This recipe got a 2 thumbs up from everyone, even DH, the hands down cinnamon roll expert in our house.  I made these this week to share with some very close friends and to take to my mom's house for Christmas morning. 

Here is PW's original recipe-
PW's Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing

My DH is a purist and his cinnamon rolls can only be topped with vanilla icing.  Below is the icing recipe I have created over the years to top our cinnamon rolls.  It is the one my family prefers. 

Cinnamon Roll Glaze
** make this recipe 4 or 5 times to cover all the rolls in PW's recipe above)
1 c powdered sugar
2 T butter, melted
2 T milk or cream
1 t vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients until combined.  Add powdered sugar a bit at a time to achieve your desired consistency.  Spread over warm rolls.  Serve or package up and share with your friends.  Be prepared to bask in their praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!