Background





Saturday, May 15, 2010

Southern Living Cookbook Collection

My favorite magazine is Southern Living.  I anxiously await each issue, eager to discover a new recipe, flower or decorating idea.  Consequently my love of all things Southern Living has taken over my cookbook collection.  I have almost every Annual Recipe collection since we got married in 1995.  Whenever I need a new recipe, this collection is the first place I turn.  What I like most about these cookbooks is they are organized by month.  For example, I can turn to the section for May and find a plethora of recipes targeted to May celebrations and festivities as well as what is in season. 

I have been in a cooking rut lately, depending on my old standbys to get us through the busy months of April and May.   This morning over a couple of leisurely cups of coffee I selected several May recipes I plan to make during the month.  Be on the look out for....

Baked Fish
Southwestern Pork Chops
Butter Brickle Loaf Cakes
Sicilian Artichoke Flatbread
Thyme Potato Bake
Pineapple Mint Dessert
Basil Cheese Pasta

I don't know if I will get around to making all of these in the remaining days of May, but it is nice to have some new options to spice up our dinner menus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!