Background





Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Natalie's Texas Beans

Several years ago a friend of my moved to Texas to attend law school. She brought back a law degree and this delicious bean recipe.

Natalie's Texas Beans
2 1/2 lbs dry pinto beans, soak overnight, drain
Cover drained beans with 3 inches of water. Cook for 3 - 4 hours on low with lid.
Add the following ingredients
  • 1 sliced onion
  • 4 -5 sliced jalapeno peppers
  • 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
  • salt and pepper
  • 4 - 6 sliced of bacon
  • season salt
Cook on low until ready to eat.
I experiemented with making these in the crockpot. I did NOT soak the beans, just added everything to the pot, cooked on low for about 8 -9 hours and they were great.


This made enough for dinner and 5 (2 cup) portions to freeze for later.

Linking up to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Eat At Home Ingredient Spotlight - Bacon

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds wonderful! Anything with bacon is a favorite of my boys.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!