Background





Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How to East at Home on the Go - A Series

Oh, the lazy days of summer are gone.  School, football and cheerleading all started on the same day -- it's enough to make you run to the nearest fast food drive thru.  This, however is not an option anymore, so I had to figure out a way to feed my family at home on nights when I get home from school at 5:00, leave again at 5:45 for the ball park and don't walk through the door until 8:45. 

Sounds impossible, but with the right recipes and a bit of planning, it is possible.  Follow me for the next 12 weeks as each Tuesday I share how my family eats at home, even when we are on the go.

If you are looking for a quick meal tonight, try this family favorite.

Taco Casserole

1 lb ground beef (I cook this ahead of time with garlic and onions and keep it in the freezer)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can corn, drained
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning ( I make my own)
3/4 pkg tortilla chips, crushed (my family likes Doritos)

Mix hamburger, taco seasoning and tomato sauce.  Heat over medium heat until flavors meld - about 5 - 7 minutes.  Add beans and corn.  Heat 2 - 3 minutes longer.  Mix in crushed tortilla chips.  Place in a casserole dish, top with cheese and bake at 350* until cheese melts and casserole is heated through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!