Background





Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Kitchen Goals


It's that time, time for me to commit to 12 goals to accomplish in my kitchen this year.  Instead of resolutions, I set goals, one/month to better my skills, organization, variety and healthiness in the kitchen.  Take a look at my 2010 goals and my 2011 goals to see what I have accomplished. 

Here we go....

Goal 1 - Pantry Challenge in January (3rd year in a row participating)
Goal 2 - Clean out utensil drawers
Goal 3 - Limit dining out/take out/deliver to 2-3 times/month
Goal 4 - More vegetables in our menu plan
Goal 5 - Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day (3rd year to try this one....)
Goal 6 - Better utiliziation of garden produce - less waste
Goal 7 - Dehydrate and freeze more
Goal 8 - Update Family Favorites and Freezer Cookbook
Goal 9 - Learn to make and freeze creamed corn
Goal 10 - Create a list of family favorite salads
Goal 11 -  Eat at the table and not in front of the TV
Goal 12 - Let my kids cook more

I will select one or two goals per month to work on.  They say it takes 30 days to develop a new habit, so by the end of the year, I should develop several new habits to make my time in the kitchen easier.   Let's see how well I do this year!

Linking up to
Made By You Monday
It's A Blog Party
Sundae Scoop
Make It Yourself Monday
Beauty and Bedlam
Link It Up
Somewhat Simple
Delighful Order
Fireflies and Jelly Beans
Tatertots and Jello
Tidy Mom

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic Goals!
    SOund similar to what I strive for - There must be something good to come of it all.
    DInner together NOT in front of the TV makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic list of goals. I can relate to more than a few of them. ;) I'm working on Meal Planning this year! Visiting from Tasty Tuesday. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is wonderful. Eating out less is on my list too! Thanks so much for linking up with Make-It-Yourself Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!