My Holiday Tip is using a Holiday Notebook. This notebook has saved me over the last 7 years I have used it. My notebook has 3 sections - Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. In each section I have all the information I need to make each holiday success with out all the usual stress. I start carrying my notebook around with me on October 1st and I retire it to storage on January 1st.
My notebook includes things like -
- Halloween Hayride information - past invitaiton wording and guestlists, decoration lists, what I need to buy for this year's party
- Reminders on when is the best time to go to the Pumpkin Patch as well as the best week to get an appointment to see Santa
- Menus for our Halloween Hayride, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years for the past 7 years
- Christmas shopping lists, Christmas cards lists, Baking lists, Gifts to make.....
- Freezer and Pantry Inventories
I cannot take credit for this idea. I discovered it years ago at Organized Christmas. Over the years, I have made it work for me.