Background





Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sour Cream Cornbread



Six inches of snow + 1/4 inch of ice + below freezing temperatures = Taco Soup and this delicious Sour Cream Cornbread.

Sour Cream Cornbread
from my Mom


8 oz. sour cream
2 eggs
1 1/2 c self-rising cornmeal
1/2 c salad oil (I use just a bit less)
1 can cream style corn

Mix all ingredients, adding corn last.  Add milk if needed ( I never do).  Bake in greased muffin tins @ 350 for 25 minutes or in an iron skillet for 40 - 45 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.

Disclaimer - this is NOT a sweet cornbread, nor is it a dense one.  It is light and airy, with plenty of air bubbles perfect for soaking up obscene amouts of butter. 

Linking to Tasty Tuesday
Delicious Dishes
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight
Life as Mom

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious! Love me some southern cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! LOVE cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow...what a blast for your kids!

    This looks great and super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so good. I love a good corn bread recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!