Background





Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Meal Plan Monday Week of 11/16

I don't think I will ever get a Meal Plan posted on Monday! Here is our plan for the week.

Monday - Taco Night at our local taco restaurant
Tuesday - Weeknight Ravioli Bake, Steamed Asparaus, Cheese Bread
Wednesday - Chili (recipe below), Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Fruit
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Dinner at a dear friends house - I will be taking Pumpkin Crisp
Saturday - eating with dh at our restaurant as he has to work
Sunday - not sure yet, but I know I will be cooking after 2 nights off!

My dh swears this the best chili he has ever had, not sure why, there is really nothing spectacular about it. But, if you don't have a good chili recipe, this is an easy and good one.

Jenny's Chili
1 pound ground beef ( I brown mine with onions and garlic and keep it in the freezer)
1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic, onions and peppers
1 16 oz. can tomato sauce (this makes a chunky, drier chili, if you like a thinner chili, uses 2 cans)
1 pkg. McCormick mild chili seasoing
2 sliced jalapeno peppers
1 16 oz. can light red kidney beans

Brown ground beef. Put all ingredients in Crock Pot, stir well. Cook on LOW 8 -10 hours or on HIGH for 4 -5. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, more jalapenos and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!