Background





Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh, Say Can You See....July 4th Inspiration

It's been a long time since I have had the chance to get in my craft room and be creative.  For the first time in our married life, I am hosting not one, but two 4th of July celebrations at our house.  We typically spend the day at my inlaw's pool, patiently waiting for DH and FIL to get home from the restaurant so we can have our own celebration.  This year the pool had to be totally redone and is not open yet and we are in the process of relocating our restaurant, so we get the chance to do something a bit different this year.  There is sooooo much inspiration for 4th of July decorations online that it was difficult to choose my projects, but I finally narrowed it down. 

This wreath was inspired by Homemade Mamas.  I made two of them, one for each set of windows on our back porch. 



Side tablescape on the back porch.


These pinwheels were inspired by Leanne at Organized and Decorate Everything.  Her step by step directions made this a very easy to do project. 

Linking up to the following parties:

2 comments:

  1. I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

    I hope you'll stop by for a visit and see my Anthropologie inspired Americana tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It looks festive and your pinwheels are PERFECT. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!