1 package vanilla cake mix
1/2 c applesauce
1 c water
1 1/2 c (about) small fresh blueberries
1 c fresh cherries, pitted and halved
8 ounces cream cheese
1 c confectioners sugar (more to get consistancy you prefer)
1 t pure vanilla extract
Patriotic cupcake liners and sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Line muffin tin with patriotic cupcake liners
2. Combine cake mix, applesauce, eggs and water on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed and beat another 2 minutes. Fold in cherries.
3. Diving batter evenly into 24 paper lined muffin cups. Drop 5 blueberries on top of the batter for each cupcake. Do not mix or press the blueberries into the batter.
4. Bake 18 - 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
5. Beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting on tops of cooled cupcakes (I used my 1M star tip and pastry bag). Top with red and blue sprinkles of your choice.