Background





Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kitchen Goals Update - January


For the past two years I have set goals for myself in the kitchen.  I find these goals really push my culinary skills and creativity and keep me in the kitchen insteaad of dialing for take out.  One of the added benefits of spending time in the kitchen is one on one time with my kids.  On most days, one or both kids can be found in the kitchen helping at least for a little while, building stronger family relationships and learning valuable life skills.  You can find my 2011 list of kitchen goals here.

January's Goals was to Eat From The Pantry.  I participated in Life As Mom's Pantry Challenge and we were extremely successful.  See my results here.

One of my year long goals is to use my extensive Southern Living Cookbook Collection by making at least 2 new recipes each month.  I made 2 new recipes that are now staples in my kitchen.  Peanut Butter Granola and Cocoa-Almond Biscotti, both are fantastic!

Another goal is to bring my lunch to school more often.  My goal states 3 times/week, but so far, since January 3rd, I have packed my lunch each day except for one and that was a planned celebration.  I am tracking my progress in my What's for Lunch posts.  These posts keep me accountable and give  me inspiration. 

All in all, so far so good on my goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!