Background





Monday, May 9, 2011

Counterfeit Kit - May

This month's inspiration kit comes from Work in Progress.  This kit didn't "speak" to me as much as some of the other kits we have counterfeited this year.  I think it was mostly because my kids are older and these papers and embellishments are more fitting for younger children.  I did however have a piece of red and white measuring tape paper in my stash, so I started there. 

 And here is what I came up with.  Not my typical kit and certainly not what it started out to be in my head!  I just kept adding papers and pulled some really old embellishments.  These are some really different papers and color combinations for me.  This is a really dark kit for me and I wasn't sure I would have any pictures to go with my selections, but going through the pictures I just got back from the printer, I had several I think will work perfectly.  Now I'm really excited to see what else I can push myself to create with this kit.
Paper lines I used -
3 different pattens and one sheet of cardstock stickers from an old DCVW stack
Scenic Route
Christina Cole from ProvoCraft
Making Memories Heritage Collection
Rusty Pickle
Making Memories Watercolor Collection
Daisy D's
5 shades of Bazzil Cardstock

Embellishments I used -
Li'l Davis Raffle Tickets
We R Memory Makers Distressed Words
Bohemian Rub On
K and Co Covered Fabric Brads
Prima Flowers
ProvoCraft Epoxy Stickers
Fresh Kuts by Rebecca Sower (these HAVE to be 8 or 9 years old!)
Daisy D's Cardstock Letter Stickers
Trademarks Rub On Letters
Chipboard Borders
various tags, ribbons, brads and journaling boxes

For more interpretations of this kit, stop over at The Counterfeit Kit Challenge

8 comments:

  1. You made a great kit! I had to chuckle at your comment about how this didn't end up the way it started in your head. Mine is always twice as big (at least) as the one I imagine, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great kit, I have no trouble pulling the kits together, but then I never actually scrap what I thought I was going to scrap. But it's a woman's perogative to change her mind, so que sera, sera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kit turned out great, and I love how the Counterfeit Kit challenge has inspired me to make pages that I wouldn't have normally put together-I am sure you will make some awesome pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great goodies in there I see! Glad that you found photos to work with the kit. I know you'll have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your kit! I can't wait to see how you use it!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it. Doesn't it feel awesome to pull out the "older" stuff and get it on some pages? Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! this is new to me and very exciting.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!