Background





Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lemon - Vanilla Chip Cookies

AKA - Advanced Placement European History Cookies
I found these fantastic cookies in the fall at Jamie Cooks It Up! - one of my favorite food blogs.  I made them for my AP European History class and they just loved them.  Fast forward to AP Exam Day 2011.  I knew the test would be difficult and wanted them to know I was pulling for them, so I made up a batch of these cookies, packaged them up and handed them out as the kids were entering the testing room.  At least they went into the test with a smile on their face! 
The recipe - my simplified, not as pretty version

2 boxes Lemon Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 c butter, melted (that's 2 sticks)
2 eggs
2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice (I've used bottled before and it is fine)
1 12 oz package vanilla chips
1.  Melt butter, add to cake mix and stir to combine.  Add eggs. (Batter is very thick.)
2.  Add lemon juice.  Stir to combine.
3.  Add vanilla chips.  Mix until evenly incorporated.
4.  Roll into 1 inch balls and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.  Do not overbake.  Take cookies out of the oven when they are just cracked on top.  Let continue to bake on baking sheet for 2 - 3 minutes before removing to cooling rack.







Full Plate Thursday
Frugal Food Thursday

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! What a sweet gesture, I bet they went in to the test much more relaxed knowing what a nice treat they had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, these sound perfect for Spring.

    Thanks for sharing them on Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!