Background





Thursday, May 5, 2011

Crazy Chicken Marinade

Grilled Chicken Salad was on the Menu Plan this week and I went looking for a new marinade.  I found Crazy Chicken Mariade at allrecipes.com.  I tweaked it a bit to tone down the spices so my kids would eat it, but if I were making this for adults I would certainly make the recipe as written.

Crazy Chicken Marinade - the Toned Down Kids Version

4 T lime juice
3 T olive oil
2 t chili powder
1 t thyme
1 t oregano
1 t cumin
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Whisk all ingredients(except chicken) in a small bowl.  Place chicken breasts in shallow container or ziploc bag.  Add marinade.  Marinate overnight for best flavor.  Grill until done. 

I sliced this and served in a salad with iceberg and romaine lettuce,cucumbers, green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, feta cheese, croutons and Ranch Dressing.  YUM!

Linked to the Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life As Mom.
What's Cooking Thursdays at Feeding Four

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,I dont mind being crazy with this recipe..it is really good and I am grabbing it right now.I read your dishes and they are really great.I wish to follow you but I cant see any google connect here. Hope you can come and visit my blog too. www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. jerk marinade is the process used to impart or infuse flavor into meats, fish and hard vegetables, like eggplant and zucchini.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!