Background





Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Favorites


I have been searching and searching for a good pumpkin pancake recipe.  In the time of the great pumpkin shortage, I have been guilty of throwing away batches of pumpkin pancakes because they just weren't good.  I have high hopes for this recipe from The Motherload.  I will be making them tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

This recipe appeared in my inbox this week and it look just too good to pass up.  I thing these Chocolate-Peppermint Creams from Pillsbury will find a spot on my Christmas Eve Cookie tray. 

I always host a very southern New Year's Day dinner with all the traditional good luck foods.  I think this Spiced Pork with Bourbon Reduction Sauce from Cooking Light will be on the menu.

I had the wonderful opportunity to take a great group of high school students to the High Mueseum of Art in Atlanta to see the Salvadore Dali exhibit.  It was a fantastic show, showcasing the best of Dali's latest work, including the The Persistance of Memory (the melting clocks) and Christ of Saint John on the Cross. 

If you have not discovered Ted Talks yet, you are missing a great resource. Ted is a collection of  short video talks by a variety of experts of just about every subject imaginable.  I use this all the time in my classroom. 

Linking to Living to Tell the Story
Share Your Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!