Background





Monday, December 20, 2010

Meal Plan Monday - Christmas Week


Last week we did pretty well.  We ended up with dinner at Chick-fil-A Tuesday night because we didn't have any leftovers to have for dinner!  I also didn't make the Bourbon Brown Sugar Pork again.  Guess I'm just not into it as much as I thought.  I think I will stick this one in the "to be tried" file and bring it out again later.  I did do quite a bit of baking last week and have a baking wrap up post in the works.  I am hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at our house, so I have lots to do this week and have a pretty simple menu planned so I can make ahead many of the dishes for both meals.

Sunday - My husband's High School Buddies Christmas Party

Monday - Chicken Tortellini Florentine, Rustic Pan Bread

Tuesday - Christmas Party

WednesdayHam and Potato Soup, Football Rolls, Christmas Cookies

Thursday - Leftovers or Sloppy Joes, Chips and Fruit Salad

Friday - Christmas Eve Buffet - Three Layer Cheese Torta, Marinated Olives and Cheese, Cajun Spiced Pecans, Crab Dip, Cookie and Candy Tray

Saturday - Breakfast - PW's Cinnamon Rolls

Christmas Day Snacks - Little Smokies with Mustard, Hanky Panks, Sausage Balls, Fruit and Cheese Tray, any leftovers from Christmas Eve

Christmas Dinner - Prime Rib with Creamy Horseradish Sauce, Mashed Garlic Red Potatoes, Green Bean Bundles, Caesar Salad, Rosemary Foccacia, Poundcake

Sunday - Navy Bean and Ham Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Chips and Dip, Coconut Cake

For more great menu ideas and recipes, visit I'm An Organized Junkie

1 comment:

  1. That ham and potato soup is just what I've been looking for! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!