Background





Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Meal Plan Monday - Last one for 2010!


Here we are, the last meal plan of 2010.  Looking through my posts from this year, I was pleased to see I posted 41 menu plans during the year.  I know I had several weeks planned, but did not post, add to that 3 weeks of vacation and visiting relatives and I had meal plans for almost all 52 weeks of 2010!  I can tell you, meal planning works.  Over the course of the year, we have significantly reduced our dependance on takeout and delivery meals, utilized our food supply in the pantry and freezer, cut our grocery bill and added some family favorite recipes to our cookbook.  If you are hesitant to try menu planning, give it a try for one month.  I assure you it will change the way you feed  your family.

We ate some terrific food last week, many of our favorites and a few new recipes.  After all the rich holiday food and an entire week of cooking, I am ready for some simple, easy meals and my menu this week reflects simplicity and a desire to spend my time somewhere other than the kitchen!

Sunday - Turkey (smoked at our restaurant), Dressing (from the restaurant), Mashed Potatoes (leftover from Christmas dinner), Green Beans and Fresh Coconut Cake (a gift from my very good friend)

Monday - ordered pizza

Tuesday - Turkey Noodle Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Wednesday - Last of the Holiday Leftovers or Chef Salad

Thursday - (my sister's family arrives for the weekend)  Quesadillas (Shrimp, Turkey and Cheese), Spanish Rice, Fresh Salsa and Guacamole

Friday - New Year's Eve party here - Everyone is bringing an appetizer to share.  I will be making Stuffed Mushrooms, Spinach Dip with Pretzels, Cookie Tray and 2 other dishes, to be determined by what is on sale at Publix this week.

Saturday - Southern New Year's Dinner - Pork Loin, Hoppin' John, Collard Greens, Scalloped Potatoes, Cornbread and Orange Slice Cake

For more great menu plans and recipe links, visit I'm An Organized Junkie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Jenny. I love all of your kitchen goals in your other posts. I also checked out your book blog - Love it! I hope to do some book entries soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week in your house, especially the quesadillas. My family loves them, which reminds me I need to make them again soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!