Background





Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tuesday Garden Party - Seasonal Recipes

I have not participated in the Tuesday Garden Party since school started in August.  I am thrilled to find a little bit of time to link up a post about they yummy food we have been eating from our summer harvest.

Our favorite has been the pesto we made from our abundance of basil.  We love this on pizza, on sandwiches and in the new family favorite Spinach Ravioli Lasagna.  We are already lamenting the fact that there is only ONE container of pesto in the freezer.  I have already promised to plant more basil next year.


photo credit - Southern Living Magazine (www.myrecipes.com)

We continually enjoy the jams and jellies we made this summer.  Spiced Cherry Jam, Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and Strawberry Jalapeno Jam are among our very favorites.  The kids can't get enough of the Grape Jelly we made, but that one really doesn't count, as I purchased organic, unsweetend juice to make it. 

Finally, we just adore the Roasted Tomato (Veggie) Sauce from An Oregon Cottage.  Our favorite way to serve it is over cheese ravioli with lots of fresh parmesan cheese. 

Linked to Tuesday Garden Party

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see you at the Garden Party, Jenny! And since my son adores ravioli, I'm going to HAVE to try that lasagna recipe you pictured. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!