Background





Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 Kitchen Goals

Last year, about this time, I set some kitchen goals to work on throughout 2010.  I liked this idea so much better than a list of resolutions.  Setting goals targeted toward accomplishing one a month throughout the year seemed so much more reasonable and much less stressful and doable.  I accomplished most of what I set out to do during 2010.  You can read about my successes and failures here.  This idea was so successful I decided to do it again , so drumroll please...... here are my 2011 Kitchen Goals.




1.  Eat from the pantry (January Goal)
2.  Select and make 2 recipes/month from my Southern Living Cookbook Collection (year long)
3.  Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day (February Goal)
4.  Less Processed Foods (year long)
5.  Create a list of 8 - 10 go to pantry meals
6.  Better garden plan - analyze soil, augment soil, research plant varieties
7.  Preserve more - including dehydrating
8.  Make homemade tortillas
9.  Maek homemade hummus
10.  Find a freezer pizza crust recipe and make up Pizza Kits.
11.  Plan for lunches - try to take lunch 3 days a week (year long)
12.  Learn to make and decorated Sugar Cookies


There you have it, my kitchen ambitions for 2011.  Stay tuned for updates on my progress thorughout the year.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I just might have to steal it and set some kitchen goals for 2011 myself.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!