Background





Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days of Fall - Day 2 Apple Crisp

Growing up one of my favorite dessert recipes was my mom's apple crisp.  It was best with apples from my Granny's apple tree, but since that tree is no longer there, I settle for making my apple crisp with either Granny Smith or Gala apples.  A warm, delicious apple crisp just says fall to me.


Apple Crisp

1 1/2 pounds tart apples; peeled, sliced and chopped
1/2 c melted butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granualted sugar
1/2 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 c flour
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt

Arange apples in a 9" pie plate,  In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugars, oats, flour, spices and salt.  Crumble over apples.  Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.


 
Click here see all posts in 31 Days of Fall
 
Part of 31 Days of Blogging at Nesting Place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!