Background





Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Garden Party #6

Harvest Time


My Roma tomatoes are looking fantastic.  There are about 10 more on the vine in varying stages of ripeness.  I hope to dry these in my dehydrator and make sun-dried tomatoes this week.

The pitiful onions are the only ones I could rescue from the chipmunks.  They had eaten all the others. 

I found potato beetles on my potato vines this morning, so I sprayed them and then dug up a couple of potatoes to see if they were healthy underground.  Luckily, so far so good. 

Dinner tonight consisted of the potatoes and onions roasted with zucchini, yellow squash and baby portabella mushrooms.  I had to buy the squash and zucchini because mine keep getting infested with the squash vine borer.  UGGGHHHH!!!  I just can't get rid of those things.

4 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds delicious!!

    Bad chipmunks!!

    Followed you here from TGP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful veggies. I cannot wait for my tomatoes to ripen. I also have green onions and one lonely bush of sweet potato.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad I haven't had to deal with the squash vine borer- I've heard that they are awful. Sure nice that you can get tomatoes so early. :-) Thanks for sharing at the TGP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner sounds fabulous! Still waiting in Oregon for tomatoes... envious:) Great idea to do the dried tomatoes... something I want to try this year.

    visiting from tgp

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!