Background





Monday, April 26, 2010

Layered Italian Spread

I made this to take to my Book Club meeting last night. It is an old favorite I had not made in a while. Those ladies just about licked the plate clean so I thought I would share it with you. I did not get a chance to take a picture, below is the picture from the Kraft Foods website where I originally found the recipe.
Layered Italian Spread
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c Paremesan cheese
1/2 c pesto (homemade is best, but the Classico brand is good, just drain some of the oil)
1/2 c roasted red pepper, chopped
1 c Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Spread cream cheese in bottom of a pie plate or other rimmed baking dish.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with pesto.
Sprinkle roasted red peppers over pesto and top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes or until bubbly and the mozzarella is melted.
Serve with assorted crackers and wait for the compliments and requests for the recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds very good. - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Does that sound amazing or what

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pesto with cream cheese and the roasted red peppers just tops it off! Will be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!