This summer we discovered the joy of wraps. Don't know why it took us so long, but now that we have discovered them, they are a favorite. On our busiest nights, wraps are a great way to eat quick and make sure we get protein and veggies. My trick is grilling or baking my chicken earlier in the week, so all I have to do is heat and assemble when we get home from practice. However, I also have a favorite quick wrap that can be whippped up on the spur of the moment.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Wraps
originally from Kraft Foods Website
picture from www.kraftrecipes.com
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c BBQ sauce
4 - 10 inch tortillas (warmed)
1 c shredded colby-jack cheese
2 c shredded lettuce
2 T chopped cilantro
1/4 c BBQ sauce
1/4 c ranch dressing
1. Marinate chicken in 1/2 c BBQ sauce
2. Grill chicken until done. Cool slightly and slice into strips on the diagonal.
3. Mix together 1/4 BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing.
4. Spoon BBQ dressing down the middle of each tortilla. Top with chicken strips, cheese and lettuce. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
5. Fold opposite sides and roll like a burrito. Cut into 2 pieces on the diagonal. Serve.
Super Quick Week Day Wrap
1 can chicken (drained) or 2 c cooked chopped chicken (left over rotisserie chicken in good)
1/2 c ranch dressing
2 c chopped lettuce
4 - 10 inch tortillas
Mix chicken with ranch dressing. Spread down middle of a warmed tortilla, top with lettuce. Fold opposite sides and roll like a burrito. Cut into 2 pieces on the diagonal. Serve with extra ranch for dipping.
Works for Me Wednesday