Background





Sunday, January 9, 2011

January's Southern Living Recipes

I have an extensive Southern Living Cookbook collection.  Most of my very favorite recipes some from these cookbooks and whenever I am looking for a new recipe, this is were I turn.  However, I still feel I underuse this wonderful library most of the time.  One of my 2011 Kitchen Goals is to make 2 new recipes each month from my collection. 

During January, I am participating in the Pantry Challenge hosted by Life as Mom, so this somewhat limits my recipe options as I am trying use what I have and buy very little.  Good ole' Southern Living didn't let me down!  I found the following recipes, all from the January section of the 2009 cookbook, each of which can be make with what I have on hand (with a couple of substitutions). 

Peanut Butter Granola (substituting pecans for peanuts)

Apricot - Pecan Chicken Salad (using turkey from the freezer and dried cranberries)

I will post the recipe, pictures and reviews after I have made each recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!