Background





Monday, January 3, 2011

Meal Plan Monday - January 3


A new meal plan for a new year!  I don't know about you, but we ate and ate and ate over the holidays.  It is time to get back to more simple and less rich eating around here.  I am participating in a Pantry Challenge at Good Cheap Eats this month.  I have several goals for this challenge and those will be reflected in my meal plans over the next 5 weeks.  This pantry challenge also follows along with my 2011 Kitchen Goals I have set.  On with the menu....

Sunday - Leftovers - Turkey Club Sandwiches, Spinach and Artichoke Dip and the last of the Christmas Cookies (almost)

Monday - Leftovers - Tacos, Spanish Rice, Garden Salad and the last of the Christmas Cookies (really this time they will be gone, I swear.  I think they are multiplying while we sleep!)

Tuesday - Leftovers - Parmesan Pork Chops, Blackeyed Peas, Collard Greens, Scalloped Potatoes and the last of the New Year's Pound Cake

Wednesday - I have a meeting, kids will eat with Nanny

Thursday - Baked Potato Bar (crockpot), Garden Salad

Friday - I might have to really cook tonight!  Homemade Pizza or Spaghetti (kids choice), Garden Salad

One of my goals this year is to plan better for lunches, so I will be including some rough plans here as well -
Options for the week- Pimento Cheese Sandwiches, Bean and Bacon Soup, Turkey Noodle Soup, Antipasto Salad

Everything for both lunches and dinners will come from the freezer and pantry this week.

For more great meal plans and recipe links, visit I'm An Organized Junkie

1 comment:

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!