Background





Monday, January 17, 2011

Taco Soup

This is such a great cold weather recipe and the fact that you can make it in the crockpot makes it even better.  I took a couple of different recipes for Taco Soup and combined the best of them to come up with this delcious recipe.   The addition of the enchilada sauce put this one over the top for us.  I used mild, but you could use hot to give your soup an extra kick.  I also used kidney beans I had cooked and frozen myself.  Much better than the canned version.  Once I use up all my canned black beans, I will be making and freezing all my own beans.  I used Jami @ An Oregon Cottage's recipe for my beans.

Taco Soup

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 lb ground beef, cooked with onion and garlic
1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 1/2 c water

Dump all ingredients into a large crockpot.  Cook on LOW for 8 hours or more.  Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and Frito chips.  Cornbread muffins are good too.  Leftovers can be frozen. 

Linked to Ingredient Spotlight
What's On Your Plate
Tasty Tuesday
Delicious Dishes

3 comments:

  1. Seeing all that cheese on top of it just makes it that much more delicious looking. Sounds like a great way to enjoy tacos all the more during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taco soup. Great idea to put enchilada sauce in it. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look yummy! Yeah for frozen beans. :-)
    Thanks, Jenny!

    Jami
    An Oregon Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stoppped by!